Summary of Child Protection Information
Starbank School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school/service will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At Starbank School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must contact one the following staff members as quickly as possible.
Assistant Head / Lead DSL
Hob Moor Primary
Hob Moor Secondary
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that their role is to:
- Listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse
- Not to attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
- Refer to the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) immediately
- Contact the Head or the Deputy DSP if the DSP is not available
- Remember disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time