On Monday evening, as part of a national lockdown, the Prime Minister announced that schools will remain closed until February half-term.
Schooling till February Half-Term
All pupils will have lessons online till February half-term.
- The children of key workers and vulnerable pupils will be able to attend school. Please let us know by completing the form by clicking on the following link; http://bit.ly/SB-Covid19-Request if you need your child to attend school.
- Pupils will follow the timetable from home. You will have received a text message this evening asking your child to follow the link in their school email. All lessons will be live online via MS Teams.
- Please ensure that your child logs on punctually for all lessons (including registration).
The Prime Minister also announced that ‘it is not fair for all exams to go ahead this summer’. However, we are waiting for more information on this. As soon as we have more details, we will talk to parents and pupils. In the meantime, students in all exam classes should continue attending lessons as normal.
The Government announced the following restrictions this evening for everyone:
- You must not leave, or be outside of, your home except where necessary.
- You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubbleor childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one.
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse).
- attend education if you are a vulnerable child or the child of a critical worker.
If you have any queries or concerns, or need support in any way, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the school and our efforts on behalf of your child.