Our school is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring , safe and positive environment
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At our school in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
Starbank School is committed to keeping our students safe, both in school and the wider community. As part of our safeguarding arrangements, we have a two-way information sharing agreement in place with West Midlands Police. The agreement is compliant with Crime & Disorder Act 1998, Data Protection Act 2018 – 2021 Update and United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK-GDPR); and focuses on preventing young people from becoming involved, or further involved, in crime and anti-social behaviour, as either a victim or offender. If you have any queries about the partnership policy, please contact Mr. G. Ferrante.