As you might be aware, there is a legal requirement on all schools to publish a new Relationships and Health Education (RHE) Policy and implement it for all pupils.
The new legal requirement ensures that all pupils are appropriately educated about relationships and health. There is also a legal requirement to ensure that all pupils are aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding equality.
At our school, we will be fulfilling our legal responsibilities whilst ensuring that all lessons are taught in a manner that is sensitive to the age, gender and faith perspective of our pupils.
The school’s RHE Programme is available on the school’s website and:
- Develops understanding and appreciation of family life in its widest context, including the faith perspective.
- Develops pupils’ skills to maintain successful relationships.
- Improves confidence and self-esteem.
- Supports pupils through childhood.
- Provides factual information about relationships and human health.
- Equips pupils to make informed decisions to minimise the risk of harm to them and others.
- Develops pupils’ ability to keep themselves and others safe.
As the school has always delivered a full programme of lessons and activities relating to RHE, many things will not change.
To learn more about our RHE programme, all parents are invited to a short, online meeting. Please see details below, including a link to the meeting.
Hob Moor Road (Primary)
Date: Wednesday 15th July
Thank you for your support of the school and our efforts on behalf of your child’s learning and wellbeing.
Ms H Rifat
Mrs N. Malhi
Hob Moor Road Primary
Mr N. Riaz