As a school, we are responsible for supporting Public Health England by facilitating contact tracing for 6 days after the final day of teaching.
In the event of a positive case being identified between Saturday 19th December to Thursday 24th December, school will contact families to inform them and explain they must begin a period of self-isolation for ten days.
During the Christmas break we ask that parents are aware of the following information from the Department for Education (DFE):
- If your child develops symptoms over the holiday, you must book a test immediately.
- If your child receives a positive test result over the holiday, (between 19th and 24th December), you must inform the school immediately by email: firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
- full name, class/form and date of birth of your child
- date your child was last in school
- the exact date the symptoms began
- date the test was taken and
- date you received the positive test result
You do not need to report any positive Covid test result from Friday 25th December until the school reopens in the new year.