RE: RSHE Consultation Meeting
As you might be aware, there is a legal requirement on all schools to publish a new Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) Policy and implement it for all pupils.
The new legal requirement ensures that all pupils are appropriately educated about sex, relationships and health. There is also a legal requirement to ensure that all pupils are aware of their rights and responsibilities regarding equality.
At our school, we will be fulfilling our legal responsibilities whilst ensuring that all lessons are taught in a manner that is sensitive to the age, gender and faith perspective of our pupils.
The school’s RSHE Programme is available on the school’s website and:
- Develops understanding and appreciation of family life in its widest context, including the faith perspective.
- Helps pupils to understand and appreciate their rights and responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
- Develops pupils’ skills to maintain successful relationships.
- Improves confidence and self-esteem.
- Supports pupils through adolescence.
- Provides factual information about human health.
- Equips pupils to make informed decisions to minimise the risk of harm to them and others.
As the school has always delivered a full programme of lessons and activities relating to RSHE, many things will not change.
To learn more about our RSHE programme, all parents are invited to a short, online meeting. Please see details below, including a link to the meeting:
Date: Tuesday 13th July 2021
Thank you for your support of the school and our efforts on behalf of your child’s learning and wellbeing.
No Url Found