Secondary Home Learning
Distance Learning Menus
Whilst we are unable to meet together as teachers and students, we are fortunate in that we can use technology to provide a meaningful learning experience to all students.
Your teachers have been working hard to adapt your learning so that it is suitable for you to access independently, through Microsoft Teams and other learning platforms as described.
For each year group, you will find a ‘Distant Learning Menu’ of the work that has been set by your teachers for the next two weeks coming ahead.
You will see:
- the content you need to cover,
- the activities to complete to make sure you are understanding,
- and the assessed piece that you will be required to complete and submit to your teachers via Teams. This will be marked and returned to you.
These ‘Menus’ will be updated fortnightly with fresh work and more content from different subjects, so remember to check you year groups website regularly.
We are aware that an on-line lesson will never replace the experience of working with your peers and with your teachers but, whilst we are unable to do so, distance learning will serve as an important intermediary.
I hope you will all embrace this with the same enthusiasm and desire for success that you would every day in school.
- Answering direct questions that you may have regarding content,
- Posting activties and subject-related challenges such as past-paper questions,
- Coordinating pre-arranged on-line tutorials based on a theme, for example: “10:00-10:30: online chat reviewing Weber’s explanation of Social Stratification with Mr Walker“
- Setting new reading or wider resources to really master your subjects,
- Responding to submitted work or sharing good examples of practice,
- Raising aspirations by looking past GCSE to Post-16 courses, demonstrating how your GCSE will lay a foundation of skills and knowledge to succeed at A-Level (or equivalent).
Creatives: Art, DT, Music, Food, Photography
Higher Maths, Foundation Maths
Science: Triple, Higher, Foundation
English Lit, English Lang
Humanities: Geog, Hist, RE
Spanish, iMedia, PE
If you are having issues logging in please email email@example.com with your Name, Form and Date of Birth and the ICT team will get back to you on the contract details you supply.
Students and parents can contact Subject Leaders and subject teachers directly via email during school working hours. Please allow up to 24 hours for reply.
|Creatives (DT, Food, Art and Photography)||G Gurneyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Art and Photography||S Arifemail@example.com|
|Religious Studies||S Khalidfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Religious Studies||P Walkeremail@example.com|
If pupils have any login queries, they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance Learning Enrichment Activities
Pearson Active Learn
OAK National Academy
BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons
DfE list of Educational Online Resources