Hope you have all had a good summer and Eid Mubarak to all of our families who have recently celebrated. We have had an exciting summer and have worked on creating a new school website (starbankschool.co.uk), logo and brand. Our strapline ‘Shaping Stars of Today for Tomorrow,’ encompasses our high standards and expectations for all of our students. All of this, is to mark the fact that this year we become a fully grown
all-through school (3-16 years).
This is a crucial year for Starbank, this year we have our first Year 11 cohort who will be taking their GCSE exams in the summer term. We will expect all of our students, in all year groups to take responsibility for their own learning and ensure they attend school regularly and on time. Our website, newsletters and Family Community Workers will keep you updated of all school and community events.
We are proud of our relationships with parents and links with our local and wider community. As always, all staff members, including senior staff are available for you to talk to at the start and end of each day. Throughout the week I will aim to be across all three sites and the Deputy Headteachers supported by Assistant Headteachers will be based at the following sites:
Bierton Road: Mrs Portlock, Miss Rifat and Mr Taylor
Hob Moor Road (Primary): Mrs Malhi, Mr Ahmad and Mrs Rafiq
Hob Moor Road (Secondary): Mr Walker, Miss Eccles, Miss Langley and Mr Wiles
Starbank Road: Mr Riaz and Miss Clifford. Mrs Alcock will work across both primary and secondary.
Some of the key dates for this term include:
- Tuesday 18th September 2018: Year 11 Exam Success Workshops for parents
- Friday 28th September 2018: Teacher Day school closed to all students
- Tuesday 2nd October 2018: Year 7 Settling In Evening for parents (3.25-5.45)
- Wednesday 10th October 2018: Photograph Day for Bierton Road
- Friday 12th October 2018: Photograph Day for Starbank Road (This includes family photographs 3.00-6.00)
- Tuesday 6th November 2018: Photograph Day for Hob Moor Road Primary
- Wednesday 7th November and Thursday 8th November: Primary Parents’ Evenings (3.15-5.45)
- Friday 9th November: Ladies Night
- Monday 12th-Friday 16th November 2018: Kingswood Residential trip for Primary
- Thursday 22nd November 2018: Year 8 Parents’ Evening (3.25-5.45)
- Friday 21st December 2018: Final day of term
Last academic year, we moved towards adopting a cashless system and implemented Parent Pay across the school. We have made good progress with this and the majority of our parents use this as the main method for payment. Starbank is working towards becoming a cash free school and now encourages all parents across the school to make any payments for dinners, trips, before and after school clubs via Parent Pay. If you need any further support and guidance with this please contact the admin staff at the site your child/children attend.
There are times when staff may need to contact parents or carers therefore, it is essential that we have up to date and accurate contact details. If your details have recently changed please inform the admin staff immediately.