Summer 2021 GCSE, Vocational and A Level Exams
Summer 2021 GCSE, Vocational and A Level Exams Update
- The start of the summer examinations will be delayed till 7th June to allow for three more weeks of preparation.
- There will be more generous grading, in line with the record number of good grades awarded in 2020.
- Pupils will be told in advance (in late January) which topic areas will be tested in their examinations.
- In some examinations, pupils will be provided with support materials (e.g. formula sheets) so they have less content to memorise.
- A set of contingencies will ensure all pupils receive a qualification.
- If a pupil misses examinations due to self-isolation, but sits at least one paper for the subject, they will receive a grade.
- If a pupil misses all the papers for a subject, they will be able to sit a single contingency examination paper for the subject in July, so that they can still achieve a grade.